www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Trolling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Change" is sometimes hard to adjust to, I started fishing the TFF in 1963, -------- Joe Popko would only use nitecrawlers
    for bait and never allowed minnows----------- Joe Golumb only used Rapala"s----------- Orv Donner only used "Bang'o' lures
    and I hired all of them as well as my friend Earl Tomek for muskies. Everyone to "his" own.
    See you all at Shane and mollies and lets laugh about the fun times,while we still can.
    Tom

1988 was my first year. too many memories and still making them with my friend Mr Pemble every opening day.

Default Interesting Feedback

Seems we have a lot of passion on this issue, both for and against. How easy do we want fishing to get? Sonar, Side Imaging Sonar (in case you don't go exactly right over the fish), under water cameras (in case you missed it with your side imaging sonar), trolling motors that hold a contour and depth, and the list goes on and on. I used nothing but a flasher in my boat until it broke down. Now I have a simple Hummingbird and it is all I need. Show me the depth and if the bottom is hard or soft and I'll try to figure out the rest.

I've seen boats so decked out with electronics, I'd feel ashamed to own that boat and get skunked.

I love to fish. I love the challenge. If you see a fish on your side imaging sonar, drop down your camera to check the species, and then catch that fish - was that fishing or playing some sort of video game?

Our group hired Don Pemble a couple of years ago. We had a group of 9 guys, so he took us out 1 boat at a time for 2 or 3 hours per boat. My instructions to him were that we didn't give a hoot about catching fish, we just wanted him to show us some areas where he's had success and we'd take it from there.

My son-in-law wants me to join him on a guided trip in Green Bay next spring. He caught some really big fish on a trip this year, but he also knows I won't go because they motor trolled all day.

I also guarantee you that the average guy trolling is aimlessly motoring around. I understand the theory of trolling is following a breakline, etc., but the average guy trolling wouldn't know a breakline from a breakdance. Yet he will consider himself a fisherman because he stumbled on a walleye after traveling 14 miles!