www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Trolling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Don, I agree with what you are stating. Well said also.

Wow. Unbelievable the moralizing about single-rod trolling. You know, there are fly fisherman who look down on spincasting people as not being real fisherman because it takes less skill. And according to your logic, they would be right.

And there are people who look down upon using live bait as cheating. Certainly, fishing live bait from any type of bobber rig takes objectively less skill than trolling. After all, the bait is doing all the work. So I assume you must morally oppose that as well, right?

I guess high def sonar, lake map chips, and trolling motors should be classified as "wrecking the outdoors" also

Honestly, I don't even do much trolling. I find it boring.

The most trolling I've done has been on some remote fly-in lakes in Canada (they allow single rod trolling) and I usually just end up snagged moreso than catching walleyes. Jigging has been way more effective at taking fish out of the lake than trolling, at least for me.

Looks like Ol'widcat did it again----------------- stirred up the pot------------
    Tom

healthy debate is always good but doesn't really matter at this point. it is approved by WDNR.
    trolling is a lot more than simply throwing your lure over the side of the boat and engaging motor. it takes practice.

"Change" is sometimes hard to adjust to, I started fishing the TFF in 1963, -------- Joe Popko would only use nitecrawlers
    for bait and never allowed minnows----------- Joe Golumb only used Rapala"s----------- Orv Donner only used "Bang'o' lures
    and I hired all of them as well as my friend Earl Tomek for muskies. Everyone to "his" own.
    See you all at Shane and mollies and lets laugh about the fun times,while we still can.
    Tom

1988 was my first year. too many memories and still making them with my friend Mr Pemble every opening day.