www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake of the Falls - Iron Ct Park

Default Lake of the Falls - Iron Ct Park

Anybody know what the current restrictions are, if any, for fishing by the Falls? There was a boat anchored there today, as close as you can get without being on the rocks. The usual marker/bouy I was used to seeing downriver of the launch ramp was not there, so have they opened-up the area?

Thanks, HRG

Default I think so

Hey Hot Runr Guy,

I don't claim to be an expert, and don't recall the exact rule, or dates, or anything. . .

But I do own the place right next to the falls (Haven by the Falls) and I know that I did see all of the warning signs and buoys up when I was up there for the opener, and I noticed when I was up on May 16th that I didn't see the signs around the dam and the falls. I didn't get down by the buoy area. I took notice and made the assumption that the temporary fish refuge status had already expired for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
    Anybody know what the current restrictions are, if any, for fishing by the Falls? There was a boat anchored there today, as close as you can get without being on the rocks. The usual marker/bouy I was used to seeing downriver of the launch ramp was not there, so have they opened-up the area?

Thanks, HRG

The refuges below Lake of the Falls dam and within 200 feet of shore along Seifert's Point are from April 1 - May 14, and the one on the Flambeau River below the dam is year-round.