www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Thursday greeted my two guests and I with fairly strong SE winds along with overcast sky's and that was just the ticket for very good fishing action. Using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads, we started out in 15 feet of water over submerged stumps and laid down wood and found action right from the start. Working an area back and forth the size of a football field with the trolling motor, we boated several eyes and a good number of jumbo perch. Once again these fish were relating close to the bottom and a slow retrieve was needed. After our last nice keeper was in the well we decided to try some wind blown shorelines with downed timber for smallies and we not only found a good number of them but also more jumbo perch along with some pike and big rock bass. Called it a day at 2 PM due to dead deep cycle batteries from fighting the wind all day.

Back out on Saturday if weather permits.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Don. it seems like the fish are starting to go a little deeper.We are spending a few days in Minocqua and we have some rain I think it may be challenging the next few days with the weather jumping up and down. Will be on the Flowage on Sat. hope to see you on the water . Tight lines all