www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: How was the opener, and coming up the first week of June

Default How was the opener, and coming up the first week of June

Hello Guys, how was the opener? My wife and two young sons will be coming up the first week of June. It sounds like the water temp is warmer than normal this year. I am hoping the panfish will be in the shallows when were up. We have a pontoon boat rented so pannies will be our primary quest. Any advice or idea's on or near Kabekona Bay would be appreciated. Thanks and best of luck to you all.

Ok how about a current water temp? Someone throw me a bone!!!!

Some one throw me a bone, is Murph gone and / or done with this site?

Ok so we're finishing up our week of fishing here on Leech. It was a great time, the lake sure didn't disappoint. We ended up fishing with a guide (Tom Wilson) one day and that was the highlight of the trip. Tom not only showed us the current techniques / lures / presentations but more importantly spots to hit in the following days of our vacation. We ended up with a 28.5 walleye being the largest of the week and Two members of our family got their personal bests for eyes on this trip as well. I am hoping to make it back to Leech next year but a return in 2017 is a better bet. Goodluck to you all, Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitnargue View Post
    Ok so we're finishing up our week of fishing here on Leech. It was a great time, the lake sure didn't disappoint. We ended up fishing with a guide (Tom Wilson) one day and that was the highlight of the trip. Tom not only showed us the current techniques / lures / presentations but more importantly spots to hit in the following days of our vacation. We ended up with a 28.5 walleye being the largest of the week and Two members of our family got their personal bests for eyes on this trip as well. I am hoping to make it back to Leech next year but a return in 2017 is a better bet. Goodluck to you all, Kevin.
    Kevin- Did you fish Kabekona Bay? I'm on the east side but would like to walleye fish Kabekona. I am going up on the 21st thru the 27th and was wondering how to fish this deeper, clearer water for walleyes. Anything helpful- and yes there is at least one person besides you on here. Thanks for the report.
    djwilliams
    Ames, Iowa

Default Hello dj

Quote Originally Posted by djwilliams View Post
    Kevin- Did you fish Kabekona Bay? I'm on the east side but would like to walleye fish Kabekona. I am going up on the 21st thru the 27th and was wondering how to fish this deeper, clearer water for walleyes. Anything helpful- and yes there is at least one person besides you on here. Thanks for the report.

Hello DJ, yes we did go into Kabekona and tried the main bar off of the two bouy rock reef and......... nothing!!! Absolutely nothing, I was surprised, we tried it a couple of days and nada. Goose island, Pine Point and Duck points were the spots we found schools of eyes. We also noticed a very minimal number of pike hookups while fishing eye's. Not really complaining but it was a slower than normal fishing in comparison to past years. We tried shad rapping and was told the shad rap bite hadn't started yet (we caught a few on shad raps), maybe when you go the shad rap bite will be on. Evenings trolling #5's in 6, 7 and 8 ft of water is traditionally best for us on any rocks the wind was / is blowing into (no secret there, pretty much standard fare on Leech). Goodluck with the fish and safe travels too and from!!! Kevin.