www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Opening day was spent with 5 great guests, 2 in my boat and 3 in a tag-a-long boat and we started out working deep water over submerged stumps with Reeves jigs tipped with large fatheads. The deep water stumps produced several walleye with a few being keepers but the rest were mostly on the small side. Spending the day working various depths and structures, we found some nice eyes mostly in 10 feet of water around rocky points and drifting over submerged wood. Tried a good number of shallow wind blown bays but only one held a good amount of fish and they were smallies, caught roughly 10 of them in 5 feet of water over submerged wood along with some scattered rock. Along with the walleye and smallies, we also boated some nice jumbo perch along with a few nice size pike. Very busy out there yesterday, most boats that I've seen in years. All in all, it was a good opener, no big fish but a good amount of action from multi species and enough fish for a big fishfry for the gang. Thank guys, it was great spending the day with you, already have you plugged in for next years opener.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

All is good in the world today, Don is fishing and posting reports!

See you in a couple of weeks sir.

HRG

Always a good day. I think we did better than most out there from what I heard. I believe a 19" fish won the contest so we were close!

Great to see you back Don! I saw you out on the water Saturday (I was the one waving at you),
    but I didn't want to disturb you while you were working!
    "Try not! Do, or do not....there is no try."

Definitely a great day to be on the water, but almost any day is...

St. Croix Angler, what contest was that?

Attachment 23682

Great updates by all its great to see.And Don good to hear you are out on the water doing what you should be doing ..It would be great to see more pics. and don't be shy because we all bow-down to Blues pics.I have 8 days till we leave to head up there and I can't wait.Just a question has anyone noticed anybody trolling.

I saw one boat with 3 guys in it and all were trolling, some people just can't read the regs.
    Don Pemble

Sorry I missed your wave my friend, I was more intent on dodging all the boats along with putting fish in the boat.
    Don Pemble

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Blue: The contest was at Donners Bay opening day. It's an annual contest for bragging rights. Longest fish wins the pot. Two guys tied with 19.5" fish. A guy came in on Sunday claiming to have caught a 21" fish that he didn't think would win, so he just cleaned it. LOL

we had two 16" fish that we were seriously considering entering. i figured it would take a 20" to win and it would have..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Pemble View Post
    I saw one boat with 3 guys in it and all were trolling, some people just can't read the regs.
    Well Don I need to ask what did you see that they were doing wrong,that last that they posted on here was that you could troll but you could only use 1 pole each. Did I miss something . just trying to clarify to prevent anyone getting pinched

Trolling has not been approved on the TFF, possibly at a later date, I got that info from a warden.
    Don Pemble

Thanks Don now off to work we will be up there in about a week tight lines all…..

I guess I should have brought my 25" walleye over there! Would have been a good way to burn off some of last year's gas left in the tank.