What can I say, fishing has been great! Not to mention we actually had an opener!!!

Walleyes: Bottom line, fish a lake that has a good population and you'll catch 'em! They are biting everywhere. Last year's weeds, wood, new stubble weed, and on deep lakes near spawning grounds. Jigs and minnows have been the staple, but on the warmer periods of the day, jigs and plastics(Kalin's jerk-o, Berkley Hollow Bellies), and also Rippin' Raps are catching fish. I haven't fished deeper than 14' and have caught fish out of really dark water in 2.5'. Water temps are 48 to 61 on surface, but are fluctuating daily with rain, wind, sun, and clouds. Water below is still very cold, judging by the feel of fish. I haven't fished a day without limiting out in the boat(also, practicing catch and release on larger fish). 1/16 oz Bait Rigs Slow Pokes and 1/8 Odd Balls are my go to jigheads with Dace Minnows hand trapped from Ray's Landing.

Crappies: Biting very well also. Weed flats and wooded shorelines in the warmest water are the key areas. Plastics, plastics, plastics.....Please think to the future on these fish. 12-14 inchers are 10-12 years old and aren't the best eating. Also possession limits of crappies isn't something to be proud of. A family of 3 needs only 7 10" crappies for a meal. Kalin's Crappie Scrubs and Cubbies mini-mites will smoke any crappie anywhere....also will out producing bobber watchers with minnows.

Bass: Seen some cruising shorelines...couple caught(LMB) while crappie fishing....haven't targeted them yet.

Muskies: Season is closed, but have seen several paired up...will shape up for a good opener in a few weeks.

GOOD LUCK!!