www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Trude Lake

Default Trude Lake

Tuesday Flambeau Fluffy took a boat ride to Trude Lake. Water temps were 45 to 48.

Yesterday went fishing, water temps were 46 to 51.

Today sunny and warm,
    The Tiny Fisherman...<*){{{{><

That's what they need to get into Merkle. Well done guys.

nice pics good work

I recall reading somewhere that there used to be very little movement of gamefish between Trude and the TFF proper, due to the shallow culvert that used to be there. (I don't know how this was determined.) With this new deeper channel, I wonder if there will be more fish mixing between the 2 bodies of water. Facts, ideas, opinions, references, anybody?

How deep did they make the channel under the bridge?

Default It's not too bad

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
    How deep did they make the channel under the bridge?
    The channel under the bridge is about four feet, but the approach on both sides is only two to three feet. Low water could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tiny Fisherman View Post
    The channel under the bridge is about four feet, but the approach on both sides is only two to three feet. Low water could be a problem.
    I went into Trude this weekend, entering under the new bridge. The flowage is about full pool right now, 1571.5. I measured 6 feet deep in the channel under the bridge. In Trude the water gets shallower right away, and it's about 4.5-5.0 feet deep for a couple hundred feet. (Tiny, are you sure your locator wasn't seeing the tops of the dead weeds in Trude?) The flowage side has got a good 6 feet or more all the way to the bridge. I think in times of low water, the problem is going to be the shallow west side of Trude, not the channel under the bridge.

So I checked out Trude this weekend; way more serene than the flowage. Saw only 1 other boat on Saturday! What's wrong, no fish in Trude? LOL

Default Snowing again today.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieRandy View Post
    I went into Trude this weekend, entering under the new bridge. The flowage is about full pool right now, 1571.5. I measured 6 feet deep in the channel under the bridge. In Trude the water gets shallower right away, and it's about 4.5-5.0 feet deep for a couple hundred feet. (Tiny, are you sure your locator wasn't seeing the tops of the dead weeds in Trude?) The flowage side has got a good 6 feet or more all the way to the bridge. I think in times of low water, the problem is going to be the shallow west side of Trude, not the channel under the bridge.

So I checked out Trude this weekend; way more serene than the flowage. Saw only 1 other boat on Saturday! What's wrong, no fish in Trude? LOL
    Randy, the locator is find, when we went to Trude, the water was down. This was only a few dazes after ice out. Haven't been back, but will check it out sometime.

Have a great day and catch the big one,