First full fishing report of the year. I (Mike) have been out a few times. 4 limts and 2 days not so good. This time of year, the bite is up and down. The walleyes are very healthy with lots of bait to easy. Great for the fish and not best for the fishermen. This walleyes are nice size. 15 to 20 inches with an occasional fish over 20. There is not a consistent depth yet. Some deep in the 20 plus foot range and some in the 8 to 11 foot range and everything in between. Some limits being caught in the Crow Creek to Kiowa area and also in the Carpenter to the White River. Jig and Minnow, BB Straight hook and a minnow, or BB and a floating jig. Also pulling plugs has been effective.

I was scared to give report, because one day fishing would be good and the next lousy, so was not sure what to say.

I am sure as the water temp rises (was below 40 on Friday). The walleyes will get more aggressive and active.

Guiding Wed and Thursday. Will try to follow up report then. I (Mike) am still operating the bowling center for about 3 more weeks full time, before I partially shut down for the summer. (Dad) Garry has been on the water and looks forward to a busy guiding season catching some walleyes. All of our staff is geared up and ready to go.

Until next time
Mike Allen