www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 4th time ever.

Default 4th time ever.

Last Saturday I managed to hook and almost land the 4th tiger I had ever seen (and only the 5th tiger I had ever seen/heard of) in this stretch of the Allegheny. The fish was beautiful and I did see the pointed tail fins which assured me that it was very likely a natural tiger. My estimate of length is in the 37-40 inch range. I still see that thing broadside rolling on the surface with undeniable markings and still bummed that we did not get a pic of it.

We did manage to land the first musky of the season in the first hour of fishing on the first trip of the season. (Yes, that last sentence is a grammatical nightmare but I liked how it sounded )
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

That sounds like an awesome fish Red! My hope and plan for the future is to land a 40+ inch Tiger with those kinds of markings and actually getting a repro of it. I've never really been interested in getting repros of any of the fish I've caught until I started seeing some of those Tigers. Hope you can get another shot at that fish in the future.

Also, congrats on the first musky of 2015!! I'm hoping for open water by the weekend of the 11th. Thats my first shot at getting on the water at this point.

Jay