www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Slow but not Skunked!

Default Slow but not Skunked!

I took Glory Days out this morning for the 2015 inaugural "Shake Down Cruise". I went with my good friend, John, and we launched at South Shore at 9:45 am. After yesterday's rough seas and strong winds out of the North, I wasn't sure what to expect. But, the water was about one foot waves, and the wind was from the west (in the morning).

First, everything worked like it was supposed to. Both my motors started on the first try, and I had no leaks in the lower gear cases. Successful Shake Down Cruise!!!

We did manage to get two fish. Both came on Stinger Spoons. I caught a small brown trout (12" - 13") on a 3 color "Orange Killer" standard size spoon. That came inside the South Gap in about 25' of water.

We went 2 more hours an finally caught a nice 8# laker on a 4 color "NBK". It was nice to see that rod really bend again!

I know of only one other boat that was out today that caught fish. He caught 4 under and around the Hoan Bridge area.

When we came in the Coast Guard Auxiliary was inspecting boats. A Green Sticker looks nice on a windshield with the whole season in front of us!

I'm not sure when or where I'm going next, but I can tell you it was Great Today!

All the Best,

Jim Jankowski

aka Glory Days

Thanks Jim, I'm hoping to get the Loonatic out next week. I'll keep you posted.

Rich