www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: trolling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default trolling

I was just looking to see if you all have seen this and what do you think…..
    http://dnr.wi.gov/news/Weekly/?id=475#art5

I lose enough lures and have hit enough "stuff" with my motor during my life on the flowage, I would never troll even if it was legal on the flowage.

I can't wait to troll out there, I think it will be a great mid summer technique. That's if we can keep any walleyes.

I just looked at the last 2 post and they are both so true .Im sure we all hit things out there and there are times on holiday weekends we see some blasting through areas that you wonder how they made it with out hitting something. I have towed in a few over the years and one was one that took off the bottom of the motor the thing was is it was not his boat ouch .And I laughed about the post of keeping any walleyes , how true. There is a few things good about trolling 1 if you are fishing a spot they keep moving on . 2 you can do a thing I call shore shopping, its when the water drops and you see all of those 5 dollar lures that so many have busted off all year . I think this fall we start a treasure hunting post of all the lure we find who's in

I have said it before, there are two kinds of people on the TFF; those who have hit stuff and those who are going to hit stuff.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

OK, in the spirit of full disclosure, I'm not a "troller". I feel that there are enough other methods to use to catch fish.

That being said, I guess my problem with trollers is the overall lack of civility amongst people today. Are we going to have "lake rage" because I'm anchored on a spot (using an anchor or spot-lock) and some troller thinks I'm in his way? Heck, just imagine some troller wanting to make a pass in front of the Dam, with a 1/2 dozen boats already anchored there.

I just fail to see how this ends well,,,,,,

HRG

I do troll, (in Canada) and you really have to consider the person, not the method. The situation you cite Heck, just imagine some troller wanting to make a pass in front of the Dam, with a 1/2 dozen boats already anchored there, is the same jerk that darn near has to put a bumper between his boat and yours when he anchors.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Okay, you're out doing a little musky fishing. Years ago, you couldn't cast with the engine running, or the trolling motor running. (Remember, now,there IS a difference between a "motor" and an "engine!") But, the powers-that-be came around and got logical (a RARE treat!) and decided that its okay to use the engine or the motor to hold a boat or move it slowly around that bed of musky cabbage so you could cast your black bucktail lure in enticing fashion (the BEST musky bait, by the way) and you would not be violating any laws while you did so.

Now for the NEXT conflict: this summer two guys are riding in a boat on the Flowage and the each have a line dragging behind as they're trolling along at two miles per hour. But, each of them pick up another rod and cast and retreive a lure out to each side of the boat hoping to entice a bite.

Are they in violation? Or, are they merely doing what the musky fisherman was doing in the preceding paragraph? (Which is now perfectly legal.)

The next big bone of contention will be whether or not its legal to cast while trolling. Just wait and see how long it takes for this to come to light.

Incidentally, I have to wonder where somebody bought lures for a mere five bucks as mentioned previously. It seems that nowadays lures run at least seven dollars and go UP in price from there!

Musky Mauler

WOW lets all smile soft water is coming .and I heard the TFF is off limits to tribe and we have a 4 walleye limit and we can use 3 poles even when rolling ok its wishful thinking but we all can't wait for a limit of walleyes or a 25 inch smallmouth bass or a 50 inch musky.With what ever happens this up coming year we all enjoy the outdoors with the good and bad and we will keep coming back ……to all stay safe ,enjoy and help out someone in need..

Well it no secret Im from IL. and Bass pro is about 8 minutes from the front door and I can't pick up Flicker shads for 3.49 and some Rapalas for 5-7 bucks. If you need to place an order Ill pick them up and see you in mid to late May. some of the deals down here are unadvertised .No biggie just let me know .I also make larger jigs .