www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: The last of the tackle orders finally arrived

Default The last of the tackle orders finally arrived

and I am anxious to give the Dyin' Dawg a few tosses as soon as the weather breaks. Picked up a few Mag Invaders as well as Deep Invaders, the new flash series Triple D's, Smuttly Dogs, Phantoms, various spinnerbaits, Bait Rigs Esox Mag Jigs and a new Big Nasty. All I need now is some temps above 32 to get this season underway.

For those of you using rod balancers, I have been using shrink tubing to secure it to the rod so I can add more weight to these longer rods. The tubing allows me to add an extra ounce or 1.5 ounces of weight to the butt cap and still keep it secured tightly to the butt of the rod. FYI, after experimenting with the shrink tubing, 5 inches beyond the top of the butt cap seems to be enough to secure it and not allow it to loosen up after a season of hard use/travel.

Anyone else excited to get some new purchases in the water? Which lures or rods did you get?
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Just ordered a curado 300 which should be here next week! Also added some new baits to the box as well, Scatter Hammers, redoctober tubes,shalow invaders and some bakers. I am hoping for a nice slow thaw and not an all out flood for the spring bite!

Jason ordered a new custom 9.5 ft. St Croix..( his 2nd.)..

& I can beat their factory rod list prices...

He sure did not waste any time getting this project underway. Can't wait to see the finished product!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Just recieved the new reel yesterday to go on it! Thanks again for getting this project moving so quickly

Your St.Croix blank was shipped yesterday according to Harv. The mad scientist will soon be working on your extra long rod.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

8 1/2 ft. blank extended to 9'7"....this will be the longest/heaviest ICE rod I've ever built

7' 3wt fly rod & 8'5wt. 4 pc fly rod now in the works too,and one tear-down & re-build spinning rod. Nice start to the rodbuilding season..thanks!

Should fit Jason nicely. He sure isn't going to be too short for this masterpiece!

Hey Harv,

Did you see (in the post above) that I had used the shrink tubing (for both Big Nasty's) on those balancers instead of building the weights into the rod butt? Thought you might want to know......
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Quote Originally Posted by Red Childress View Post
    Should fit Jason nicely. He sure isn't going to be too short for this masterpiece!

Hey Harv,

Did you see (in the post above) that I had used the shrink tubing (for both Big Nasty's) on those balancers instead of building the weights into the rod butt? Thought you might want to know......
    Yeh, Red, saw that..I also now stock a new color tubing..red/black

Jason's blank is here (and another $800 worth of rodbuilding stuff- one order/ year must be over $600)..
    Time to kick in the after-burners on the rod lathe...I got rods to do

I was able to meet up with Harv and pick up my custom rod he built for me. It's awesome and he did a great job on it! I tried to post some pics but it would not let me do so from my phone.

Default pic attempt..

1 pc...8'6" St Croix with a machined 6061 aluminum butt extension to 9'7". Real cork grips, Red/White/Green wraps, Muskie & name decal.A fun build!Attachment 23741
    Attachment 23742
    Attachment 23744
    Attachment 23745

Looks pretty enough to catch a fish!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress