www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Looks like a later start this year.......

Default Looks like a later start this year.......

My hopes of beginning the guide season this Saturday was just a pipe-dream now that the date is almost here. 2012 and 2013 got me spoiled with a mild winter and temps above 32 by the end of February. This year, our river has quite a bit of ice on it and many deeper pools have had consistent ice fishermen on them. River levels have been low and stable which has contributed to ice forming in uncommon areas. If we do not get some thawing to break up this ice soon, I may have to wait until mid-March for totally open water.

I am sure down river flooding via ice jams will be a concern very soon especially in the Oil City/Franklin areas once things break loose.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

We had some pretty good flooding going on down this way last week. Things are settling down and warming up, but not quick enough. I was hoping to be on the water by mid week, but it looks like the snowmelt and forecasted rain are going to keep things above fishable levels through the week. I haven't fished since 1/6 and I'm not happy about that.

I am scheduled to fish this weekend (again) but I am not sure if things will be open enough to do it. Even if the water is open, I hope the launches are not plowed shut too badly. My 4-wheeler can't move giant piles and we certainly have GIANT piles of snow up here!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com