www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: anything anything

Default anything anything

My last post was on 1-25-2015 are you telling me there has been nothing going on in Mercer since then. Really …..we are on the down side of winter Im sure some of you have cabin fever,been ice fishing,looking forward to spring,or bought a new place,Lets here about it.

Don't know what to tell you sureshot612,

As I sit here looking our on the flowage and see no one fishing for a whole week. That has to tell you that the fish just aren't feeding. So far the fishing has been very poor. With the exception of catching two muskies (38 and 44). Everybody has done poorly fishing. Getting around has been ruff. Trucks where getting stuck and banged up. So it's not where your being left out, there just isn't much to tell.

Keep you stick on the ice,
    The Tiny Fisherman...<*){{{{><

Hey,here's something to tell. BRAAPFEST begins next week at Springstead Lake Lodge. Schedule: Thursday 2-19- ride new sleds to Lk Superior starting @ 10am. Friday 2-20 - Ride vintage to Price Co @ 10am then live music with Katie Scullin Band at 9pm in lodge. Sat 2-21- Ride vintage @ 10am w/ lunch at The Birches, then back to the lake for races and fun all afternoon. Live music @ 9pm w/ Bad Dawg rockin the house. We also have a bonfire on the lake nightly, breakfast buffet daily, and more. Everyone is invited to come out for a great weekend. Free parking on the lake.

Check out their ice bar: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sprin...29138280497464

Default The warmer it gets...

As the thermometer turns red...the activity on the board should heat up along with it.
    "Try not! Do, or do not....there is no try."

Rx Trips to Cabela's, Bass Pro, Gander Mtn. and the spring sports shows as needed.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Now thats what Im talking about thanks to all that posted. And keep them coming.

I was up in January and uploaded an album of photos - not much from the TFF, but there are some nice ones from Springstead Lake Lodge, including the ice bar in the early stages of construction, and a bunch from the Mercer area and some waterfalls and things closer to Hurley.

I tore my plantar fascia ligament in my foot, so I was only up to Mercer once this winter recently. Didn't even get out on the ice.
    Putting a new dock in at my place this spring/early summer with some decent boat lifts. Really hoping to be fishing the TFF and LOTF a lot more this summer.

Default Tough sledding

Right now I'm ensconced in Southwest Florida. It's 10:00 AM, and the thermometer reads 73 degrees. The swimming pool temp is not yet up to 98.6, so I'll wait a bit before taking a dip. It's supposed to get up to 80 degrees again today. Almost need to sit under a fan to stay comfortable! Looking forward to getting back to the cabin on the Flowage this summer - - hopefully a bit prior to opening day. It will be intersting to see how the trolling will pan out. Could result in a boon in lure sales what with so many of them getting snagged and broken off on some underwater stuff around the Flowage. Some 50 years ago, or so, Gene Netzel used to roam the Flowage at "low tide" and retrtieve all sorts of stuff. It might come to that, again. Well, gotta put on some suntan lotion and head outdoors to commune with nature. It's a tough life down here, but SOMEBODY'S gotta do it!

Im starting to wonder if we are going to go from spring right into summer. We always talk about ice out when does most of the snow go out .I need to get up there and do some work on my property

I was up at the TFF again a couple weekends ago, and posted more pictures from around the area. There are a few from the TFF, some from Springstead Lake and quite a few from a cross-country snowmobile race on Butternut Lake. I also made short stops in Superior and Amnicon Falls and spent an afternoon at the ice caves and Cornucopia.

Loved the pics. Thanks.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Hay all just looking to see how the snow cover is in the woods I need to get up there to clear some wood ….just asking so I don't make a wasted trip Thanks