www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishin' Report 01/01 - 01/03

Default Fishin' Report 01/01 - 01/03

A good start to the year, as three of us ended up with a good number of eyes over 3 days. We fished mostly 'around' the gladstone area. The average size of fish was good, several fish 22 -24 inches. We even landed this beauty of a pike, 43", which lived to fight another day. I don't know if it's strictly the water clarity (was very turbid, couldn't use my camera), but most fish were marked from late morning through early afternoon all 3 days, with little to no action at 'prime time', which i hope continues, usually it's sitting around all day with no action for 15 minutes of hot action!
    a 4th joined us sat. afternoon and caught 3 keepers, and 3 out of the 4 of us had 'lunkers' on (not caught). I had a 30 incher up to the hole but excitement kicked in and tried to horse 'er in and 'pop' goes the hook, oh well that's fishin'.

This fish was caught on the 4th, a day before the photo contest

That's a heck of a fish right there!

Shoot me a PM or email with your name and number. You're officially the first entrant in the photo contest! Anyone else that took pictures over the weekend, Jan. 3rd and 4th, can enter, too!
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Congrats!!! Great picture and good on ya for CPRing that piggy!!!
    Slammer!!!

Sweet catch Thanks for sharing and caring

Awesome pike! Great photo and kudos for releasing that trophy for someone else to enjoy.