www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Chip Tigers

Default Chip Tigers

Ty,
    Have you noticed fewer Tiger Muskies being caught the last few years?
    Thanks
    -Jon

There definitely have been less tigers. We had a big influx of pike about twenty five years ago so a lot of the tigers we were getting were from that original pike boom of years ago. There are still some big tigers in the Chip though. We had a 43 incher as our largest this year. Not huge, but a nice one. Most of the tigers on the Chip don't get much larger than 45 inches. Over the last twenty years we've caught about forty tigers between 43 and 45 inches and only one larger than 45 inches. That's enough fish to say that a tiger larger than 45 inches off the Chip is a rare fish. I've heard of a few over four foot off the Chip but not many. Corey Meyer caught the largest I've heard of from the Flowage. I think his was 50 or 51 inches. Not sure.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thanks, That seems to make sense. I got a nice 44 about 8 yrs ago, and would see one each year for a few years after that but none the last 4-5 years. It seems I don't hear of as many being caught by you or others.

I was just talking about tigers with a couple buddies a few weeks ago. I have not caught a tiger since the late fall of 2009, exactly 100 fish ago, the same year I got my 52 inch tiger in July. The fall tiger was 44 inches and is picture #2. Before 2009 I was getting 1-2 per year. Not sure why they seem to have fallen off. Over the years I have got lucky enough to get some big tigers in the boat with probably 5 45 inches or larger and a dozen or so under that size.

Corey Meyer

Attachment 23127Attachment 23128Attachment 23129Attachment 23130Attachment 23131
    Last edited by muskymeyer; 11-18-2014 at 02:12 PM.