www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Year End Totals

Default Year End Totals

Well, I'm pretty sure the year is over being that there is around fifteen inches of snow outside right now. Overall the year was extremely active with the exception of a few weeks here and there. The average size was really down but we saw streaks of big fish here and there. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to get many of those in the boat this year. Some pretty epic misses on Pacemakers this year, one giant on a sucker that gave us the go-around twice, and a fish down south that I just plain had on and off that probably also went in that fifty inch range. We caught more on the southeast end of the lake this year than the last ten years combined. Didn't see that coming. I have most of the fish tallied up but I'm sure I missed a handfull or more that I forgot to write down. Here are the totals and lures they were caught on;

Total fish: 125

30-35 inch fish--39
    35-40 inch fish--55
    40-45 inch fish--26
    45-47 inch fish--1
    47-50 inch fish--4

Lures Caught on:

Ghosttails--23
    Vexers--19
    Flowage Boas--14
    Bulldawgs--9
    pacemakers--8
    Rizzo Tails--4

All the other baits were 3 or less fish per bait so I didn't list them. One that really surprised me was that we only caught 2 on Cowgirls and six on Stillwaters and Rough Runners combined. Still good to see the smaller ones coming up in the system. I'm guessing the weird spring goofed up the large ones a little.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thanks for the props on the Flowage Boa's Ty.

Corey Meyer

Impressive numbers Ty! It seems like the musky fishing in many areaswas weird this year, late ice out, epic high waters, etc.

Ty,
    Your last fishing report was the end of October. Did you fish at all in November? Any luck?
    3MUSKY

3MUSKY, I did get out some in the fall. I took out Gabriel Garcia for four days, Tony Curtis for a day, Roger Hutchings for four days, and a few friends for the last day of the year. We had a pretty good streak at the end with lots of 40-43 inch fish. 47 1/2 inch was the largest of the last couple weeks. Had some shots at larger ones but didn't work out.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com