www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Big TFF musky?

Default Big TFF musky?

Springstead Lake Lodge recently posted a photo of a huge musky on their Facebook page and the background looked to be the TFF - did anybody hear anything about this?

I thought you were kidding with the first pic until I got to the 3rd one .I would like to see a thread of picture from the TFF muskies. I have only caught a few and no real big ones but I don't target them they were caught while fishing for other fish .I seen on the web cams Mercer got its 1st taste of snow YIKES

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Kurt Justice of Kurt's Island Sport Shop posted on another site that a 50+" musky was taken on the TFF. I will post more info if I hear anything more about it.

Saw that picture, too. Nice fish. Just got back from Vermilion last night, and plan on heading up to N. Wisconsin soon. The HUNT is on!

Is there any report on how the Musky tournament went on the TFF a few weeks ago

Looking at the weather forecast, I think the hunt may be over for this year... Could be ice by the end of next week.

The HUNT is just getting into full gear. Ciscos will start coming to shallow spawning areas with water temps just getting into the low 40s combined with the full moon last night, and near full moon tonight. We'll see the biggest fish of the year caught over the next 2-3 weeks all around the musky range.

In a couple weeks, you might have to take an axe and metal rod to the landing, get your Paul Bunyan on and chop some ice to get to the main basins.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot612 View Post
    Is there any report on how the Musky tournament went on the TFF a few weeks ago
    Pretty tough bite for the musky tournament. There were 29 teams. I believe 2 fish were caught the first day and a few more caught the 2nd day. Can't remember the #, but somewhere around 4-5 on day 2. Biggest fish was in the 41" range. Water temps were around 52 on the 2 lakes we fished.

We had a fish in the 43-44" range follow up and go around on the eight 4 times in our first pass of the first day. Couldn't get her to eat and didn't see anything the remainder of the day. Had a fish take a sucker later on in the second day. Set the hook and nothing. Could tell by the jaw marks the ski had the sucker by the back of the neck.

Was a great time. The Mercer CC and Gateway Lodge did a great job!

Thanks for the update always like to hear how things are going up north