www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: reel

Default reel

What is the reel that you told lenny to buy. I used when up there and really liked -- it is some kind of curado I think-- silver in color. Thanks

That's just for peacock bass not muskie. The best reel out right now is the Abu Garcia Revo Toro NaCl. It comes in two speeds; 6.4.1 and 5.4.1. The high speed one is good for jerkbaits and the lower speed is good for everything else. I use the 6.4.1 for everything including Cowgirls.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    That's just for peacock bass not muskie. The best reel out right now is the Abu Garcia Revo Toro NaCl. It comes in two speeds; 6.4.1 and 5.4.1. The high speed one is good for jerkbaits and the lower speed is good for everything else. I use the 6.4.1 for everything including Cowgirls.
    I casted with it and it is a breeze on musky baits; what is wrong with it for muskies????

The Curado has a line guide that disengages on the cast making casting shorter and also bunches up your line on one side. The line bunching up on one side is more annoying than the line guide disengaging. That being said it still is a great reel. The Revo Toro NaCl is just better for the same price. The NaCl line guide stays engaged on the cast so your casts are further with less effort. Both reels hold up about as good or better than any reel in the industry.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    The Curado has a line guide that disengages on the cast making casting shorter and also bunches up your line on one side. The line bunching up on one side is more annoying than the line guide disengaging. That being said it still is a great reel. The Revo Toro NaCl is just better for the same price. The NaCl line guide stays engaged on the cast so your casts are further with less effort. Both reels hold up about as good or better than any reel in the industry.
    do you use the one with the higher line capacity???

I use the large line capacity reel but have seen the small one and think it would be ok. I'm in all honesty not sure about the smaller line capacity. I would just go with the large one because it will cast further easier.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843