www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Back out on Thursday for my last trip of the year and it wasn't the nicest of weather, but the fish showed up to say goodbye for the year. Working various deep water areas with lots of rocks and boulders with Reeves jigs tipped with large fatheads, my guest, Craig and I found just 1 keeper eye and 2 nice crappie. We then switched our efforts to the deep river channels and here we found non stop action from the eyes. While the majority of these eyes were on the small side, we did however find our last 5 nice keepers before moving on to driftfish with bottom bouncers and crappie rigs. We switched to smaller fatheads for the crappie rigs and after several drifts over 18 to 24 feet of water in a main lake basin we tallied several nice slab crappie to end our day.

I want to take this time to thank all my guests and many dear friends who have spent countless hours and days fishing and enjoying the TFF this year, each and everyone of you have helped make this year a very successful and very enjoyable season. May God bless all of you and may we all look forward to the coming year and what the TFF holds in store for us.

Time for hunting and exercise, good luck and the best to all.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Don,
    THANK YOU for taking the time to sit down and provide all these postings, it gives those of us too far away from the TFF a chance to enjoy it thru you.

Enjoy the fall & winter, and looking forward to fishing with you in the spring.

HRG

Good luck hunting Don and have a wonderful Holiday Season. Looking forward to your reports next spring.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Thanks Don for the excellent reports throughout the season. The very first thing I check in the morning is your report. The TFF is a very special fishery; wish I could get there more often.

Wishing you and your family the very best for the upcoming Holidays and 2015.

Mooselegs

Take care my friend