www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Donner's Bay Resort

Default Donner's Bay Resort

Good Morning,
    I would like to intoduce myself. My name is Marvin Schilling. Myself along with my fiancee Connie Knielsy are the new owners of Donner's Bay Resort. To ease everyones minds I wanted to let you know that we will be staying open for business and continue to operate as a resort. Porkey and Rozann have decided to retire. They will be keeping their park model on the resort and will have a presence around the property in the summer months. Although I'm guessing Porkey will be doing more fishing now! Connie and I have big shoes to fill. Rozann and Porkey as well as the previous owner Darrell Fohr have established a beautiful resort with a solid base of great cutomers. It is now up to us to keep the ball rolling. We will continue to have the Walleye tournament each October as well as the Justin Donner Memorial Fisheree in January and the Claus Kraetke Memorial Ice Fishing contest in February. We do not plan on making any major changes around the resort. A couple of changes I hope to do in the next two years is to update the dock system and to add a small kitchen to the bar to be able to serve burgers and such. We are shooting for the 2016 season to add the kitchen.
    I would like to thank everyone that has stopped in to meet us and give us words of encouragment. Everyone we have met has been so nice and helpful. This was a very scary move in our lives but we feel is a great move. Please stop in and say hi and introduce yourselves. If you are on this board please let me know so I can put a face with the name. If you have any ideas as to what you would like to see different please let me know. I am always open to suggestions. We look forward to meeting everyone!

Thank you,
    Marvin Schilling

Looking forward to meeting you both when the snow flies and the water gets hard. Welcome.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Hi and good luck on your new adventure

Default Great people....

Stopped a few times to say "Hey" to Marvin and Connie. They're a great couple and will fit in nicely.

Hope the best and catch the big one,
    The Tiny Fisherman...<*){{{{><

Good Luck to Marvin & Connie, if you passed the Tiny test, you'll be fine!!!

Mark

My Brother & I stopped by this past Friday to meet Marvin, he certainly has a lot of enthusiasm, and since he's a Browns fan, he should have fun tormenting the local Packers fans,,,,,,,,,

Best of luck to you Marvin, see you in the spring.

HRG

Marv & Connie,
    You are correct that you have some big shoes to fill, the previous owners have done a great job. We are so glad to hear that you intend on keeping Donner's run as a resort. I have been visiting the TFF for over 20 years and have seen too many great resorts die. Also glad to hear about your kitchen plans. Best of luck to you see you next summer.
    Jim Rut

Red face Suggested improvement !

Quote Originally Posted by Walleyez View Post
    Marv & Connie,
    You are correct that you have some big shoes to fill, the previous owners have done a great job. We are so glad to hear that you intend on keeping Donner's run as a resort. I have been visiting the TFF for over 20 years and have seen too many great resorts die. Also glad to hear about your kitchen plans. Best of luck to you see you next summer.
    Jim Rut
    Eliminate the spearing, long way to drive for one or two walley. That has affected a lot of the business in the area. People just won' drive that far for not even a fish fry of keepers. There, impossible task to say the least. Good Luck to your ownership, dreams are made to come true with hard work, you will succeed.