www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

After Friday's big cold front pretty much shutting down the action for the day, Saturday's action was just the opposite, very good bite but not so nice conditions out there. With fairly strong NW winds with on and off rain showers, cold temps, high of 39 degrees, my two guests for the morning, Tim, Bill and I started out our morning trip by taking refuge in a bay that was protected from the big winds and we found a good number of eyes along with a couple of big crappie. Working this area, 16 to 20 foot over gravel and rock bottom with Reeves jigs tipped with large fatheads, we found these fish holding tight to the bottom and a not a hint of a bite was detected from these fish, just a little resistance on the end of the line was all we felt, with that we set the hook and fish on. We also had success working other deep gravel/rock bottom areas with the same success along with decent action in the only river channel that we tried. By the end of our morning trip we tallied roughly 25 eyes and 2 keeper crappie out of 3 that we caught. Great time with you guys and I hope you enjoy your fish fry.

Back out on Monday, will keep you posted

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Don Pemble View Post
    After Friday's big cold front pretty much shutting down the action for the day, Saturday's action was just the opposite, very good bite but not so nice conditions out there. With fairly strong NW winds with on and off rain showers, cold temps, high of 39 degrees, my two guests for the morning, Tim, Bill and I started out our morning trip by taking refuge in a bay that was protected from the big winds and we found a good number of eyes along with a couple of big crappie. Working this area, 16 to 20 foot over gravel and rock bottom with Reeves jigs tipped with large fatheads, we found these fish holding tight to the bottom and a not a hint of a bite was detected from these fish, just a little resistance on the end of the line was all we felt, with that we set the hook and fish on. We also had success working other deep gravel/rock bottom areas with the same success along with decent action in the only river channel that we tried. By the end of our morning trip we tallied roughly 25 eyes and 2 keeper crappie out of 3 that we caught. Great time with you guys and I hope you enjoy your fish fry.

Back out on Monday, will keep you posted

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Hi Don, I have heard that Donners Bay Resort has been sold. Do you have any information on the new owners and what will evolve with that . Just curious. Launched their many times, nice place. The Fohr Family owned it for a long time and Rozanne and Porky were not their that long. Time moves along of course with or with out us. Any information would be helpful. thanks. Kind of off subject but I appreciate anything you can provide. As always you do your best !

Hi George,

From what I've heard, some folks from Ohio have bought Donner's Bay Resort, have not met them yet but am looking forward to meeting them and to wish them the best.
    Don Pemble

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

The new owners of Donners Bay Resort are Marvin Schilling and his significant other, Connie. They are very nice people and I think they will do well. Marvin monitors this board and I encourage him to post to introduce himself.

The Donners Bay walleye tournament was a success with 13 teams fishing in adverse conditions, but still catching fish.

The bass tournament was also a success. There were 69 teams with a lot of nice catches of fish, including some largemouth bass.

There is still a lot of great open water fishing before iceup.

Take a look at www.turtleflambeauflowage.com for info on area lodging, food and guides.
    Last edited by Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC; 10-06-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Well we can only hope that they keep it a resort. It seems that there are not many resorts left.Either way we welcome them. Stay safe on the water to all.

Thanks Scott, I also will wish them well with their new business. I will be stopping in at Donners in a few weeks, up for the Wolf hunt. Thanks.

Some times people will change a business model for the good of the business so time will tell how this goes. I would presume title has passed and they are now open for business. Good luck to them.