After Friday's big cold front pretty much shutting down the action for the day, Saturday's action was just the opposite, very good bite but not so nice conditions out there. With fairly strong NW winds with on and off rain showers, cold temps, high of 39 degrees, my two guests for the morning, Tim, Bill and I started out our morning trip by taking refuge in a bay that was protected from the big winds and we found a good number of eyes along with a couple of big crappie. Working this area, 16 to 20 foot over gravel and rock bottom with Reeves jigs tipped with large fatheads, we found these fish holding tight to the bottom and a not a hint of a bite was detected from these fish, just a little resistance on the end of the line was all we felt, with that we set the hook and fish on. We also had success working other deep gravel/rock bottom areas with the same success along with decent action in the only river channel that we tried. By the end of our morning trip we tallied roughly 25 eyes and 2 keeper crappie out of 3 that we caught. Great time with you guys and I hope you enjoy your fish fry.

Back out on Monday, will keep you posted

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net