Hi everyone,

I've been busy guiding the last four days. On Sunday I picked up Scott and Forest from The Landing Resort for a full day of walleye hunting. the morning bite was very good for walleyes and crappies but the afternoon bite was tough. We still managed more walleyes and crappies, but had to work hard for them. Of interest, Scott caught his first walleye ever. Then he topped that with his first ever 'MUDPUPPY'.

On Monday I picked up Jim and Dave at Deerfoot Resort for a morning half day. The bite was very slow but we managed 3 walleyes and a few crappies and rock bass.

On Tuesday I picked up Ken at Treelands Resort for a full day of walleye hunting and found the fishing to be very good all day long. Better in the A.M. but still very good in the afternoon. We kept a dozen and a half crappies and threw lots more back and caught our fair share of walleyes releasing every one. Ken had a bag full of fillets from the crappies.

On Wednesday I picked up John and his wife Chris staying Dunnrovin Resort for an afternoon walleye hunt. The bite was fairly slow most of the afternoon but working hard at it, we all caught a fair amount of fish by days end. When I picked them up the temp was 70 degrees but at 4P.M. the wind switched from the N.E. with temps falling to low 50's-high 40's. Even with the drastic change in the weather we managed a good number of walleyes and crappies.

The weather all 4 days remained fairly consistent except for yesterdays sudden blast of cold air sweeping in from the North. the wind was very strong all 4 days making for a walleye chop that was more then I even bargained for. The sun did shine most of the time with no rain all 4 days. The water temps also remained consistent always starting out at 58 in the morning and going up after nice sunshine to any where from 62-64 degrees.

The trees are starting to turn color and the peak is coming faster then you might think so make your plans to visit the Hayward area now to enjoy all the splendor that our Northwoods has to offer. That includes walleye fishing so be sure to book soon for your walleye hunt. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx