www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Water Temp and Turnover?

Default Water Temp and Turnover?

Headed up with my dad a week from Saturday...is turnover happening now or going to happen by then, what are water temps? Can't wait to be there, see you in a week!

perc,
    water temps dropped below 60 yesterday/today,actually was 55 in the shallows of myers bay as we went out at 8;00am but it was a cold nite in the 30's with a bit of frost on the pumpkin. it (water temps)has seen a steady and slow drop thru the past week and a half since the major front came through. night time temps in the high 30's to high 40's and day time temps avg in the high 40's to mid 50's so that cooling trend will continue with the progressively shorter days.
    that being said it can safely be assumed turnover is in process and occuring as we speak. it is an on going process with varing degrees throughout a complex system like eagle. i am going to check the temp profile in the next couple days and it would not surprise me to find that in some sections of the lake with the windy days we've had that it is some what completed as we saw some areas were noticeably clearer today than they had been for the past week. results of wind laying down finally or signs of turnover completion?
    i will be doing another fishing report sat. so stay tuned.
    take care and looking forward to seeing you and dad again soon,
    herbie
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com