www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Availability for Suckers

Default Availability for Suckers

Hi:

We'll be up on Friday for several days of Musky fishing. Yay! I'm hearing that Suckers have been a rare commodity this year thus far. Any recommendations on who's been able to keep some in stock for sale? We typically like them around the 13" size.

Hayward bait had some last weekend, also Whiskey Ridge in Radisson had a few. They are were only 8-10 inchers and they didn't figure they would have them all fall. Appearantly a lot of the farm ponds froze out last winter.

Hayward Bait & Whisky Ridge in Radisson had a few last weekend. They were only 8-10 inchers though. They said they didn't think they would be able to get them much longer. I guess a bunch of the farm ponds froze out last winter.

I've called Hayward Bait & Bottle, D&B, and Outdoor Creations and nobody has them yet. One said the bait truck guy said he was just going to drive place to place telling them he doesn't have any suckers.

They all said it sounds like it could be tough this year. One place (forget who) was hoping to have some for next weekend.

Good luck!

I feel like I hear the same story every year and then all of the sudden there are suckers. I'm not going to worry about suckers for a little while. The fish are still hitting topwater so no suckers for me yet.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

What is the sucker availability now in October on the Chip?

Jenks had some on Saturday $10 and 8$ depending on size.

I've drug suckers for quite a while and haven't had one pick up a sucker yet. They are still hitting Vexers and Bulldawgs though. By the way, if any of my upcoming clients want to use suckers while on our trip, bring a cooler and pick them up ahead of time so you know you have them for our trip. No offense, but I can't afford to shell out fifty bucks every day in suckers. Whatever ones we don't use I'll send back with you to use the next day. Here's the phone numbers for Betty and Mike;
    D&B bait and tackle(Betty)-715-462-3459
    Jenks(Mike)-715-462-3055
    Also, if you don't want to drag suckers, that's fine with me also. No problem.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com