Hi everyone,

Had a busy time the last two days. On Friday I guided Randy and Bob for a half day morning. To describe the weather, it was nasty. Strong North wind whipping up big waves and cold air temps made for a tough bite. Only boated 1 walleye with a few crappies and perch in the mix. The wind made it difficult to 'feel' the hits.

On Saturday I had Paul and John out for a full day of walleye hunting. Action improved dramatically from the previous day as we boated 8 walleyes, a pile of crappies and bluegills and a couple of perch. Paul and John decided to release all the walleyes and we kept enough crappies and bluegills for a pile of fillets for the fry pan. We fished the deep wood on both days and on Saturday we fished some of my favorite weed areas. The weed bite was nonexistent, but the deep wood cover was still holding lots of fish. Caught all fish on the lead-free jigs tipped with minnows and slip bobber armed with minnows.

In one picture I am holding a crappie that was chomped on by MR. musky while I was bringing it up from deep water. The 40 inch musky held on for about 3-4 minutes and kept swimming by us close to the boat. At one point Paul almost netted it but decided not to because the musky was still to 'Green'. Finally the musky let go and we brought in a chewed and very dead 12 inch crappie. the water temps are continuing to drop and the Fall patterns will be developing. Give me a call to plan your Fall walleye hunt soon. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx