www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Muskies on the move

Default Muskies on the move

Labor Day is approaching, hard to believe the Summer is winding down, where did it go? Muskies have been on the move the last couple of weeks. We have had multiple fish days, with hat tricks on two occasions. No real pattern other than the rocks are still not holding many fish. I have been fishing bait fish locations. Break lines, points, large flats anywhere I find bait. The hottest bait has been a walleye pattern Medusa. Double Cowgirls and Datson baits are also taking fish. With the lack of weed beds go out and explore, that has been my pattern. Wish I had specific spots and techniques but I don't, this is a new ball game.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Thanks for the report Murph!!!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Benson View Post
    Thanks for the report Murph!!!

Mark
    Murph- Like you and Steve Worrall have stated, I think this is a strange summer too. Steve thinks it'll be a great fall bite across the northern states. Do you think that the cooler temps never really turned the fish onto shallow water from their late spring pattern? Is it that there are a ton of baitfish in the water and the big fish are feeding deep? We've seen the latter in the past on Leech, but I didn't see anymore bait than normal, in fact on most days I saw less. I'm back up there 3rd weekend of September, and ready to muskie fish again, but at the same time I'm hoping the perch are willing biters in their normal fall haunts. Do you think a good mid speed troll with 10" Slammers on the humps makes sense. Otherwise I gotta hit the North Bar with my Suicks and Reef Hawgs and Jackpots/Rumblers in the evening. Thanks Jim.
    djwilliams
    Ames, Iowa

Sorry to interject but there definitely has been a strong shallow bite in the last three weeks. Got slower during the Schneider but they were going nuts just prior.Only real difference for me out there from last year same time period is the night bite went flat earlier than usual. Definitely a lack of weed growth in certain areas that has resulted in good spots from past resulting in not even a lick in same areas this year. Perch are going well already.
    Good luck out there
    Dan