Hi everyone,

I picked up Dennis and his two boys Mitch and Austin at Deerfoot lodge yesterday for a walleye hunt. With a cool morning and partly sunny skies and a very stiff North West wind we found many walleyes. When the dust settled, we had boated 15 walleyes, many crappies, bluegill, and smallies, and had many hits that were missed. My clients made it clear that they wanted to release all the fish even though many walleyes were over the 15" mark. Very good sportsmen. We used minnows and leeches on lead-free jigs and slip bobber rigs and only the crappies took minnows. Everything else gobbled up the leeches. Hard to get bigger leeches so we put on two sometimes three small leeches at a time.

We fished mid depth wood and had to fish right in tight in order to convince them to hit. My clients had never fished this method before and found it very satisfying to be able to root out the walleyes lurking deep into the wood. It is always a bonus to catch crappie, bluegill and the smallies along side of the walleyes. I have a few openings remaining for August and am filling up fast for September so call me soon to book your walleye hunt for the fall season. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx