Guess it has been a while since sitting down and taking some time to post a Fishing Report. Feels like I have spoken with and seen almost everyone I know, over the past few weeks. Fishing has ranged between good to great for most of the summer... slowdowns seem to last 2-3 days and follow with a really good bite.

The Northern Ontario Sportfishing Centre has started a Master Angler Awards Program -- sportfishingcentre.com At first glance, I thought an awards program is silly... we catch fish like that every day.... then it occurred me as a few of the kids (between 10 and 14, and some older!) started to fill out their applications and were checking off different species almost each day... that these fish are award worthy and a part of what makes us and this area so very special. Please send in those pictures and applications and remember to celebrate the special fishing moments.

Walleyes - Almost every day someone catches one between 5 and 9 pounds. Best boat I heard about recently was near a hundred in an afternoon. Live bait rigs and jigs have been working well. Plenty of anglers mumbling about having big Walleyes to the boat or hooked but not seen.

Lake Trout - I caught back to back (different days and area's) 15 pound Lake Trout. Best boat caught 17 in a day while jigging for the lakers. Best Lake Trout fisherman has been Alex who is approaching 60 Lake Trout caught on his trip. Big fish that got away.... 2-3 Guests were mumbling about not getting to see the HUGE lake trout that they had hooks into.....a couple are very experienced Lake Trout anglers who said they had 20 pound or bigger fish on the line.

Muskies - Philip has been working for years to have his day with a Muskie and he finally did it... catching a 47"+ Muskie! This was a big deal for a young man who has paid his dues. TonyT had a good 1st Crow Lake Muskie at 48". Chris found some magic lure that made all of his friends jealous with a 49" and then losing a huge fish between 55"-60". Dan with a 47" late on the last night of his trip then missing a BIGGER fish.

Northern Pike and Bass.... are biting pretty decent with "the normal"--> 36" to 39" Pike and 4-6 pound Bass reported.

Most of the camp has also been enjoying blueberry picking, water play, camp fires and just sitting back relaxing.

Our cabin schedule will have us near full for couple weeks yet and then plenty of openings for some late summer trips.

Regards,