www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: August 4th fishing report

Default August 4th fishing report

I had Don and Helen Young out yesterday for the morning and Don and Helen had two muskies hit at the same time. Unfortunately they didn't get either one. Don had two other follows in the morning and I had one small follow. In the afternoon Rick Dassow and Matt joined me and Rick lost a mid thirty inch fish on a Vexer and that was the only action we had. In the evening Don and Helen jumped back in the boat and we caught a 41 1/2 inch fish on a Vexer and lost a mid thirty inch fishon a Ghosttail. Most of the action was on three baits; Vexer, Pacemaker, and Ghosttail.

Water temps were mid to upper seventies.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Hey Ty, I was just curious what type of Ghosttails you are using. Double blade, single blade? Just wondering if you prefer to use the smaller spinners rather than the bigger ones. I have had very minimal results with the cowgirls around Hayward. Not sure if this is the same for anyone else.

Thanks

Ty:

Good Luck at ML if you are going!!! Assuming that the position you are in and the body of water your partner is familiar with, you could do really well!!!

Mark

Shorts, the Ghosttails we are using are the spinnerbaits, the regular origional Ghosttail V with the number eight blade, and the small ones.

Mark, thanks man. My partner is struggling right now but him struggling is better than most doing well so we'll see what happens.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Three years in a row, 40 inch+ fish in the evening! Helen says "wasn't it my turn?". Great guide, great wife, great life. See you next year!
    Attachment 22689
    Attachment 22690

Don, thanks for a great trip. Always look forward to our trip. Hope to keep the streak alive next year.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Ty:

If it wasn't going to you/Hammernick or Raley/Osfar, I am glad it was Steve Genson!!! Congrats to Steve and his partner for bagging two in the last 90 minutes for the PMTT win!!! It sounded like a really tough two days of hucking!!!

Mark