The past two days have seen some very good walleye action despite the clear sky's, warm temps, and little to no wind. Friday was spent working mostly deeper water with my good ole buddy Don and we came up with a couple of nice limits of eyes along with some crappie and perch. Using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads, we concentrated our efforts in 12 to 16 feet of water over submerged stumps, river channel edges and rocks. We boated good numbers of eyes off these areas with the vast majority being in the 12 to 13 inch range but our keepers ranged from 15 to 18 inchers. Crappies and perch were a good bonus to go along with the eyes.

My half day trip today was with special friends Philip and Dee, and once again we had some good walleye action. Good action in the deeper spots that I fished on Friday, but we also had some good action on the mid lake humps as well. The eyes on the humps were more aggressive as they hit with a vengeance, even the small ones we caught out there hit hard. Some real nice fish again today with 3 nice limits of eyes along with 1 big crappie and a perch.

I like it when a fishing trip with great friends turns out with big smiles and a great shore lunch for them.

No scheduled trips for awhile, but I plan on being out there pounding the water in search for new hot spots.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net