www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 7/26

Default 7/26

Attachment 22591

My client( a member of this message board) hit a 42" musky today and missed 1 fish and possibly another. I, on the other hand, stunk up the boat and contributed nothing.

It was a nice day on the water.
    Last edited by Red Childress; 07-28-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Good to hear they're biting Red. Hopefully they're still be on when we come up in a cpl weeks.

Photo added to above post.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Look Ma, I'm on the internet!
    After 4 trips (I'm usually out 4 times by January 14th) this year with nothing my luck changed a couple days earlier with a 34" ski. Too loose drag lost me my first bite with Red and with a quick bite after the cast I failed getting a solid hookset. The fish in the picture made things easy for me as it was headed in the right direction for a good hookset after the bite. We got it to the net quick and the fish managed to twist up the net and secure the twist with exposed hooks. Red was quick with the wire cutters while I kept the fish's head in the water. Red cut hooks without concern for the safety of his net and freed the fish from both lure and net so fast that a miracle happened, I got my first picture of myself with a musky since 2011.

Thank you Red for an awesome day of fishing!

Way to go guys. Congrats on a nice Musky and great teamwork. Sometimes its almost as if the fish itself kinda takes a backseat to all that is involved in getting it in and back out of a net. It can easily be just as important. Nice work all around.

Jay