Hi everyone,

Guided last two days. Tuesday I had Husband/Wife Tim and Krista out for a morning half day. With heavy clouds and high winds, we had to fish where we could and did ok. We caught walleyes, small mouth bass, perch, crappie and bluegills. Only kept a few crappies for the pan and released every thing else.

Wednesday I took two couples out for a full day. Took buds Roger and Jerry out in the morning and their wives Christene and Kathy out in the afternoon. The girls really wanted to out do the guys, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. The guys caught way more walleyes and actually of all fish. Wound up catching walleyes, small mouth bass, perch, bluegills, and crappies. Some bluegills were good size and we kept only two walleyes out of a total of 14 and had a mix of crappie to add fillets to the pile. Of interest, Both Jerry and his wife Kathy caught their first ever walleyes. Both were released.

Weather was gorgeous Wednesday with mostly sunny skies, and a light North wind. Water temps started out Tuesday at 70 degrees and by Wednesday had warmed up to 76. The warmer water has increased the activity level of all fish. Saw lots of bug activity too. Tuesday when I got back to the landing there were Mayflies every where. On Wednesday we saw lots of bugs hatching and coming off the water and then fly away. Many landed on the boat and on our poles. Even with the abundant food supply, we were able to catch a fair amount of fish both days. Caught most fish on lead-free jigs tipped with leeches with a few coming on the slip bobber rig tipped with minnows. Now's a great time to be out on the water. Give me a jingle and we'll book your day on the beautiful Chippewa Flowage. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx