Fishing has been different this year because of the high water levels being experienced almost everywhere in Minnesota. Some fishing guides have told me that the Walleyes are not necessarily where they've been in the past. This means an angler who is new to this area can sometimes have the same luck as an experienced one.

Dave Brabec of Colon, Nebraska recently landed a 28 1/4 inch Walleye while he and his family were staying at Oak Haven Resort. I had the pleasure of packing and prepping that fish for taxidermy. Other guests are landing Northern Pike, Largemouth Bass, Crappies and Bluegills. It's fun for all of us, me included, to fish for and catch Bluegills off the Oak Haven docks. It's still quite easy to catch lots of Perch along the weed edges in any of the nine lakes available to boaters.

We are pleased to report that our 14-site campground is now filled with 14 Seasonal Campers.

We are also pleased to announce that we received a score of 100 from the Beltrami County Health Inspector yesterday. Looking for a clean place to vacation?

Come to Oak Haven, where you don't hear people using bad language, you don't see litter on the ground and you can get a good night's sleep before you rise early to go after those Crappies, Sunfish, Northern Pike and Walleyes. You will love the quiet, peaceful setting that we all enjoy here at Oak Haven.