It seems unconventional spots and methods have been the drill this season so far out there. The weeds seem even a bit behind from last years slow start. Normally guys from the resort i call home catch a few trolling pike early in the season but that hasnt been the case this year. Lots of 2 foot snot rockets out there. Not sure where the big pike went either you used to get a mid to upper 30's at least every once in a while. Weather has seemed to play even more of a role lately. We just can't seem to get a long enough stretch of stable stuff. It seems they are ghosts and then we get a couple days of stable weather and they come out of the woodwork for a day and we catch them just prior to the next front rolling through. Still not seeing much for big fish yet and trolling not producing out in the abyss like it has in the past. That being said i learn something about this lake every time out and can't wait to get on it tomorrow again.
Tons of forage out there also where i'm fishing. Tough sledding but its gotta turn around. Just have to Keep on casting!! If ya see the skunk colored 621 out there stop by and say hi.