www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Tamarac

Default Tamarac

we are going to see Kim & Todd July 19th.Not bringing mouse traps.Will we see you?
    If Rachel goes and she wants to stay longer we will bring her home.

We also have a group going to Tamarack July 11th-17th. Ty and Rachel, will we see you before you head back home?

We just got back last night from Canada. Fishing was tough to say the least. We lost a few days because of wind and it turned the fish off. I only caught two all week. One was on a night crawler but it was a nice one at 49 inches. Tough for everyone though and am glad to be home where the fish were biting. We actually were going to come home. The water was at an all time record high and the winds were just annoying. We parked our boats on another island for one night because we were worried about the docks tearing free and floating away. managed to get some mice in our boats because of that.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Sorry to hear you had a rough time and didn't land your usual quota of big fish. We arrive on Friday the 11th, the day before the full moon. Any suggestions on what to try, other than "go walleye fishing"?

Honestly, your guess is as good as mine. We learned nothing and caught close to that. Bring some Cowgirls, large Pacemakers, Bulldawgs and Suicks and you'll maybe have one hot bait. It can't be any worse than what we saw so you'll do fine.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Hi Ty, we got back from Tamarack Thursday night after fishing hard for 6 full days. For the two boats we caught 11 muskies. We lost so many more that we had chances at that we lost count. Everyone of our 6 person group caught at least one. Sizes, 49", 47.5" 44", 38", 37", 35.5", 31.5", 30", 27", 27", 26.5". Michael, Aaron and Danny all caught personal bests. Also landed a monster 40" pike and many other fat pike from 28-37". Had 3 walleye dinners with 22", 20", 17" and some more in the 14-17" range. Several of us also caught personal best smallies. The fishing was still very tough, and we put in some 12 hour days on the water to see even 1 or 2 fish. One 24 hour period we were rained and wind blown off the lake. A couple other days were so so windy we had to stay in calm bays. With the high water levels, and the chocolate milk water color, you sometimes don't see a fish until it was too late at the boat. The hot bait was twin 8" spanky bucktails in red and copper and white and blue -- you had to burn them in until your arms fell off to get a strike. Caught the first musky of they week on the first morning on a flat calm sunny day on Huggins Bar with a big game 7" twitch bait. Muskies were being caught at weird times of the day, but early morning and just before dark were the most consistent. Good luck when you are back up in late July!

Almost forgot to say THANK YOU for recommending Tamarack to us. What an awesome area to fish in. Todd and Kim and Paul and Danielle are wonderful people and fantastic hosts. Todd was ever so gracious to yank a small crank bait out of the top my head after the smallie let go if it and it whiplashed right into my noggin. He recommended I start wearing a cap instead of a visor.

Isn't Paul a trip? He works his butt off. Sorry to hear you stuck yourself. At least it didn't require a trip to the ER. Glad you had fun.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    Isn't Paul a trip? He works his butt off. Sorry to hear you stuck yourself. At least it didn't require a trip to the ER. Glad you had fun.
    Paul is great. Worked his butt off for us. Also took him out musky fishing one morning. Told him to meet me at the dock at 6:15AM. He was standing there with his fishing rod ready to go at 6:15 when I got there. He asked good questions, didn't backlash, didn't throw his lure into the trees, didn't snag every rock in the lake, and was fun to have in the boat. Come to think of it, I think I like him more than my fishing partners

Agreed, Paul is one hard worker. He was so tired after the weekend of arrivals/departures the kid slept 17 hours. Had to tell Todd and Kim they should be proud of those kids! Can't wait to go back next year!