www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

The past two days have seen mixed results from both walleye and crappies. The strong SW winds had a big part in it on Saturday as it made for very difficult boat control as my main 80 lb.thrust trolling motor is in for repair and I've been forced to use a 55 lb. thrust for a backup. These windy conditions had my guest and I working somewhat protected areas over cribs and weedy bays. The crappie fishing wasn't all that bad as we did end up with 18 but only one keeper walleye out of 6 that we boated. Sunday morning was mostly spent fishing for walleye and we came up with 5 keepers from the shallow bays along with 1 big smallie. The last hour of our morning trip was spent crappie fishing and we caught a good number of them but only 7 keepers. Reeves weedless jigs tipped with either leeches or 1/2 crawlers were used for the eyes and smallie while crappie minnows were used for the crappies.

No planned trips for a few days, good luck to all.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Default Mayfly Hatch

Hi Don,

Did the major mayfly hatch ever happen? I don't recall anyone mentioning that and usually it's a big deal. Wondering if the weather was so weird this year that it happened gradually and maybe had less effect on the fishing.

Sounds like you're having a pretty good year for a guy that retired a while back!

Don

Hi Don,

Not much of a mayfly hatch this year, saw very few of them, don't know how that blends in with future hatches. Having a very busy and successful year, that retirement thing just wasn't for me, I have to be on the water and enjoy meeting new friends and seeing old friends alike.
    Don Pemble

Found where all the Mayflies went.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/...190145349.html