OKay, took my boy bowfishing today which started out in the river which was muddy. Ended up seeing a bowfin there which is cool. Few carp shots but no connection.
We decided to stop in at Sugar Bay on the way home. I know I missed the spawn but maybe I can get my boy a carp after all. Long story shot he is in the middle of taking a piss and this monster grass carp comes out from under some grass. I've never seen one or anything this size in Kinzua. This fish was way bigger that any muskie I've ever had up to the boat. My guess is a 60" plus fish. I've boated a sturgeon that was 69" once and several saltwater fish up to 6 feet long. Many many muskies over 4 feet. This was a huge fish!
I just pulled up and shot and hit it. I was going nuts then I get it beside the boat. I am trying to get my hand under it's gill plate to bring it in the boat. It takes off again going crazy and the arrow comes out of it and it's leaving. My boy pops a shot at it and missed it. I never got another chance to shoot again.
What the heck is that doing in there?????
Has anyone else ever seen one???
It is crazy, That is one big dang fish!
I am just sick about loosing it. Can't believe I didn't have him shoot it a second time when we had a chance.