www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Canadian cold fronts

Default Canadian cold fronts

Ty any advise on how to fish during a Polar Vortex? Sure glad we booked a week later
    Good Luck. See you on the 19th

I would recommend a sweatshirt.

This is a good question and could lead to enlightening dialog ! How to approach cold front fish ? I have read that river fish are not as sensitive to a cold front as lake fish are, so fish a river. If that is not an option, then how to find lake fishes ? Hmmmmm. I would suspect that a smaller window of opportunity would exist to catch some. Tiny, perhaps, but a window none-the-less. Catching fish that are not aggressive except for a short amount of time in a given day. So, spend an all day frustrating day, but hang in there. Perhaps this is key ? Maybe use smaller baits ? Slower retrieve ? Present an easy tidbit to a predator that requires little effort to consume ? Me, I go crappie fishing and tight line tube jigs. Catch a few and it's all good. Works for me. Or I throw a suick. Don't get many crappie, but the occasional Musky or Pike will eat it.

Cold fronts just plain bring the confidence level down. Once that happens, you don't pay attention or don't work baits hard and bam!,fish hits and you miss it. I always tell clients we're going to have one, maybe two chances at fish on cold front days and they're going to hit so just be ready. No follows though so makes for a long day.

Jerkbaits and Bulldwawgs ripped hard get reaction strikes but small bucktails and small crankbaits usually works best.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com