www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: moraine musky association

Default moraine musky association

anyone know what happened to it? i posted the same question on muskiefirst but figured this might be the better place to ask. i have been away from clubs and the musky world for a while(still fished a bit) but i haven't really been able to keep in touch with certain people like i would have normally. thanks.

nevermind folks. my question has been answered. thanks anyways!

Since you brought it up, I decided to investigate by checking out the website and could not find it. Has it dissolved or has there been a name change or something??
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Red,

Not sure if you already got some info on this, but I found this on another site:

"Hey Shane long time since we've heard from ya! Howard Wagner retired last year and decided to let the club go. Fred Kahrer took it over, it is now called the Western PA fishing club. More of a multi species club. They meet once a month somewhere around New Castle."

Quote Originally Posted by ttabaleulb View Post
    Red,

Not sure if you already got some info on this, but I found this on another site:

"Hey Shane long time since we've heard from ya! Howard Wagner retired last year and decided to let the club go. Fred Kahrer took it over, it is now called the Western PA fishing club. More of a multi species club. They meet once a month somewhere around New Castle."
    yes...that was joel replying to me on muskiefirst. the club is no more.

Thanks for the info guys.

On the same theme, I have missed reading Capt. Larry's board this year. Maybe he will respond to this thread and give us a rundown on what he has been doing with his free time.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

I'm with ya there Red. Definitely miss all the updates and info in general. Its strange, but seems like even though more people are getting into Musky fishing, the less "chat" there seems to be about it. I guess a a lot of people are doing what they can to keep things on the down low?

I admit that I have not chattered as much lately. I have been super busy with kids, camps, all-stars, high/muddy water, and broken engine. I have also been keeping things on the down low somewhat in order to stay under the radar.

Just when things get almost normal again, we get hammered with another storm. I bet the musky hounds on the lower river are fed up with all the muddy water this Spring/Summer.

We will be pounding the water for several days starting Wednesday so hopefully there will be fish reporting going on.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Red, I took down my website for Mostly Muskies Charters and had them shutdown the message board because of earning limits while collecting Social Security.I show to much earnings from Guyana Eco Fishing & Adventure Tours www.guyanafishing.com
    I have given a few reports over on Lake Ontario United.I'm finishing up this year the carry over guide trips from last year and a few of my regular clients, then I'm going to spend more time fishing myself and with friends. I'm on Chautauqua Lake this weekend for the last set of guide trips here, I have moved back to the Niagara River doing limited number of night trips.I have been very busy with musky conservation issues working with the Erie County Fishery Advisory Board, NMA, NY Muskies 69 and as Pres. Of Eastern Lake Erie Charter Boat Association.It was very hard to give up the message board, but I had too!

Capt Larry

Great to hear things are going well, Larry. When you figure out a way to stop the rain, please let us know.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Red, Yesterday we got soaked and rode some waves on Chautauqua Lake.I seen many nets hit the water, clients on my boat caught 5 muskies from 42" to 29 1/2"! So the lake has been on for a few weeks now, but trolling bite has been better then the casting bite.If your river is blown out and you would like to join me for some night Niagara River action , let me know!

Today clients caught 40 3/4",40 1/2" & 32" muskies trolling Wiley ' s on North Basin of Chautauqua Lake.Floating weeds were not a problem at all, over 1 hour before cleanup.Not sure how the Three Rivers Tourney went, I seen a lot of boats use a net both days.One fish I heard of was 50.50", but he was not in the Tourney, I will let him talk about it if he wants too!

Adam posted Bill's 50.25" Fattie Muskie on LOU site.Today my client caught a fat 49.50" muskie!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Jones View Post
    Adam posted Bill's 50.25" Fattie Muskie on LOU site.Today my client caught a fat 49.50" muskie!
    All this action at Moraine. Wow...

i would love to fish on the niagara river. perhaps i will look you up some time. i don't know why, but just seeing it makes me want to fish it.