Hi everyone,

Guided the last two days out of Pats Landing and Chippewa Pines Resort. Had a lot of action with a good number of walleyes in the boat as well as a lot of crappies, bluegills, perch, SM. bass and some northerns. Caught everything on my new lead-free inline PROaggressive jig tipped with leeches and using the slip bobber rig tipped with a minnow. Leeches out produced the minnows by a wide margin.

Fished mainly deeper wood cover areas. Tried some weed areas but nothing in the weeds so stayed out in deeper water most of the time for all the action. Had a mixture of weather. Tuesday started out cloudy and very cool and after lunch the skies opened up and poured on us, at times very heavy. The change in weather slowed the fishing dramatically. On Wednesday the weather was very pleasant all day and the bite was very good and consistent throughout the day. Of interest, on Wednesday, Rachel who is new to fishing, caught her first ever walleye and then proceeded to catch the most. A very enjoyable day.

If you are in need of a guide, Give me a shout or email and we'll work up a day and put it in the books. I'll show you some of my favorite deep wood spots and you are welcome to bring along a handheld GPS unit to record the spots I show you. I provide all the live bait we will need and provide all the lead-free jigs we will use. If you are staying at an LCFRA member resort, campground, or motel, I will give you a 5%($15.00) discount. I have just a few days available in July and a few more in August. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx