www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Since no one else seems to talk about catching fish.....

Default Since no one else seems to talk about catching fish.....

Thought this was a nice picture from my latest trip. Not a real big one (35 inches)Attachment 22153, but love the coloration.

Cool looking fish! Fly rod?

Been busy as heck lately but soon that will change. School is over next week here in NY.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I had been chucking streamers but had my fly-rod broke on a cast....no idea why. That fish was caught next cast with a spinning rod that I happen to have sitting close in the boat from a previous trip! I could not believe it. I have to send the rod to my dad for repairs and now am seriously considering building a new one. I need a project to kill time with all the storms and such making fishing a challenge. I'm glad my school ended June 6th. I was ready to go crazy.....

We caught muskies and pike while bass/walleye fishing and caught no muskies while musky fishing this past weekend. Makes sense to me. It appears downsizing was the ticket for the Esox.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

That actually has been the pattern for me and I'm fishing a lake. I've have fish look at bigger stuff but they are actually hitting smaller baits. Wonder if the river will ever settle down this year??

The river hasn't been too bad around here lately. I bet the lower river has been tough this Spring for sure. Some color below Warren but nothing too bad. April and May was the highest I had seen it run for consecutive days in a row in 20 years. It was challenging and fun putting together a pattern for 'flood stage' fishing.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Looks like the flood stage water will continue.....the USGS page has black dots all over it for the NW corner of PA. Oil Creek is only a few feet from flood stage. Probably be lower water out of the dam for a few days then all heck will break loose once things calm down downstream. Might see 10,000 cfs in July!!