www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Was back out yesterday for a couple of hours with my wife and found the walleye to be on a good bite despite the mayfly hatch going on. We worked a 10 foot deep bay with lots of submerged wood and got three 16 to 18 inch eyes along with 4 throwbacks on Reeves weedless jigs & fatheads. We then tried another wooded spot in 13 foot and came up with rock bass and a few small pike. Our last stop was in 14 foot over wood and got a nice 15 incher and we called it a day as thunder in the distance made us decide to have our fish fry at home. Lots of mayfly casings floating out there but nothing I would call a major hatch yet, didn't slow the walleyes anyway.

Back out today for a half day trip if the weather clears, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Hi Don,
    Thank you for the great reports, I read them often and if I hire a guide I will definitely give you the business or certainly refer you. Was hoping you could share the water level with me as I am heading up next week and wanted to see if I would be able to beach my pontoon on swimmers or any other islands?
    Thanks,

Ryan,

You should have no problem beaching your pontoon on any island, water levels are probably down 6 to 8 inches from full pool. Thanks for your response to my fishing reports, I try to get an accurate daily report out in the mornings so anglers have a little something to go on if they are heading out to the TFF.
    Don Pemble