www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Wednesday greeted my guests, Russ & Jim and I with east winds, a slight overcast and one hot walleye bite. Seems like all it took to get the eyes on the move again was a wind switch, and that it did, with winds out of the south for a few days, this switch had the eyes very aggressive and on the move all day. Starting out in 8 to 10 feet of water over submerged wood, we had action on the very first cast with a nice eye on a Reeves weedless jig tipped with a fathead. Working this area for about an hour, we boated 12 eyes, 5 of which were very good ones. As the winds switched slightly to the ne, we started working a few wind blown bays with scattered coontail and found very good action again. In the 3 different bays that we tried, we boated another 11 eyes, all but one were 12 to 14 inchers, the other was a hefty 19 inch keeper. As the winds picked up, we moved to the shallow mud flats and drifted with fixed bobbers with in-line spinners tipped with either 1/2 crawler or smaller fatheads and after several drifts, we boated another 13 eyes along with several perch. After we had put the last of keeper eyes in the well, we switched from live bait and opted for 2 inch Berkley Power Bait twister tails and we took a few more nice perch on them. No sign of mayflies, but their tummies were full of them crawly creatures.

Hope to get out today with my beloved relation from Ill, hoping the weather holds. Will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Don,
    Say Hi to the gang from Ill. for us.
    Thanks....Mike and Fran

Well Don, so much for that old chestnut about winds from the east!
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Mike & Fran,

I will do just that, thank you.

Don
    Don Pemble

Just never know what triggers them, can't catch fish if your not fishing, I always say the best time to go fishing is when you have the chance.
    Don Pemble

Amen brother!
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.