www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Reports 2014

Default Fishing Reports 2014

Ok lets get the reports going this weekend it has been a long winter!!!!
    Darren

Mosquitos are horrible.Water high and rising.Waiting for fish from Rainy,those formerly here have been flushed downstream.

Isn't Rainy technically up stream if it flows from the South to the North? LOL

Little bit of every direction involved but eventually that water(they say 12 more inches)gets here.

A little news note. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunde...high-1.2678197

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from coming,actually fishing is pretty good,just take care on the water as it's rising and there is some floating debris.Looking forward to the Musky Opener saturday.

Good luck up there to all who are hitting the water. Dick, it would be great to hear how things start for you and whomever is in camp. I need some Muskie stories to keep me going while I heal up. Be safe everyone.

Thanks, Steve

PS - The Red Ranger is anxious to come home and play again in July.

Hey,hi Steve!Nice to hear from you.Get well and see you soon.

Good luck tomorrow guys. Looking forward to some reports.

Didn't head out til 6:30 this AM but a good Opener.Cloudy and cool early with light winds.Water temps varied from 60 to 64.8.Last year Matt and I got 3 in the first hour but it took all morning to do that this year.No biggies.Very few follows,just hitters.
    When the sun came out the wind came up and much to my surprise the action slowed.Thought sun(warmth)would help but .... not in my boat.The Boss is here as well as 2 dogs and 2 cats.Lawn needs mowing so this all might mean I'm done for the day.

Thanks for the report DP. Getting bit is always a bonus. Get the chores done and head back out. The 2 dogs I understand but 2 cats???? See you soon.

Steve

Cats??? Bait got it!

Yeh 2 cats.One good,one evil.
    Saw Frankie this AM before I went out.Yesterday was good.He knew of a 49 and a 47.
    Had another very good morning.Face it,I'm King of the Peanuts!Just can't be beat in that category.On the other hand,I did get one biggie today but had to cheat(put on a Suick)to do it.
    Best of all is what else I caught.First a lil background.I was on the dock raving how great this place was and that it even beats Africa cause I got the 'Big 5' right here.Muskie,pike,walleye,small AND largemouth bass all on a spinnerbait the same day.
    Oh no,not good enuf for Frankie cause he says 'here we go with the Big 6 and you didn't get a crappie'.Guess what I caught today?Yup,and waiting anxiously to show him the pic.
    Life is good,come on up!

40 incher and a pretty 30 inch hybrid this AM.Had to quit early today and may be on a shopping/boat pickup trip tomorrow so likely won't post for awhile until I hear a 50 inch report.Talking with Frank this AM 47 was the biggest for guests yesterday.Water still rising but had a surface temp of 70 in a spot this AM.Dead calm and lots of floating debris today.
    Good fishing!

Edit to add: Ding Dong.

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    Edit to add: Ding Dong.
    Thanks for the reports! Headed up on Friday and staying for a week at Bell Island in Sabaskosing bay...sounds like we might need hip boots to use the dock.

I think Dick Mean't 2 Hellkats, right Dick???

:-)
    Was on the dock awhile ago
    50,49,48,47,46 etc yesterday.One boat had 9 fish.Enuf reporting-it's on.

Got a text last night from Ryan they smoked them good yesterday!! Let the bell keep ringing!

Thanks DP. Definitely sounds like they are moving. We will be a group of (20) again this year. Some of the old veterans and a few new faces. Looking forward to getting up there and enjoying my favorite place in the world. Every that is up there and that will be going, be safe.

Steve

And it goes on.Guys that got 9 a few days ago got 7 yesterday.Ho hum.
    And then again this AM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVEhDrJzM8E

Great news that the season is kicking off with a bang, or maybe clang? Keep at it fellas.

IS anyone fishing?? At least weekly reports will be up on the 9th need to get pumped!!

Tough going.Most struggling a bit with occasional brief flurries and occ big one.Picking up slowly.Water not dropping.In fact,may be up a bit.

Tough going.Most struggling a bit with occasional brief flurries and occ big one.Picking up slowly.Water not dropping.In fact,may be up a bit.
    About as slow as I've seen at this time of year. The high water seems to have put the fish in some other place. Not sure where that is!

If not shallow deep? Trolling breaks?

Been there,done that.On a positive note,they 'went' this AM.All sizes.
    Have an issue to resolve at home via phone or would still be out.

Been there,done that.On a positive note,they 'went' this AM.All sizes.
    Have an issue to resolve at home via phone or would still be out.
    Again on another positive note they 'went' somewhat this afternoon also. All sizes. Still not over the hill I suspect!

Doug Johnson

Heard French portage is blocked by a big bog??

Maybe that's why it was 'bumpy' in the dark this AM.

This is the photo I seen at the cribs!I did not take it just seen it posted some where That is a big speed bump Attachment 22595

Yeh I'd have to be at full throttle to get over that one.Kid stuff though compared to the one they towed off the beach down from Franks-and then let go again of course.Those bogs raise some potentially interesting legal Qs.Just floating around without mans imput or interference,I think any damage would be deemed an act of god and no liability attaches to anyone.On the other hand,tow it or steer it and it then causes harm I bet would render anyone liable for that harm in many instances.
    Not much to report fishing wise.I guess just a few caught by Frankies guests yesterday although just heard one of the guys he was guiding got a 50.I've had 3 great days in a row but skunked this AM.Saw 3 but they were 'low and slow' and it took a crank and weighted jerkbait to see them.Naptime.

Whats going on up there? This site is usually blowing up with reports in the summer and many big fish pics and bell ringers! Whats the verdict?

Mr Musky

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Musky View Post
    Whats going on up there? This site is usually blowing up with reports in the summer and many big fish pics and bell ringers! Whats the verdict?

Mr Musky

I hear of guys trolling and fishing for walleyes. Someone please tell me it isn't that bad. Headed up in a couple weeks but even a bad week on the woods is better than a week just about anywhere else.

The rumor is things are picking up but NO patterns yet. And yes we did get a biggie trolling last week
    Darren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast