Hello All,
Kevin here, I just got back from spending a week on Leech lake and can offer a fishing report.
Out of the 7 days I fished there were only 2 periods of time that had winds too high to venture out and on one of those days the wind did slack off enough around 7pm to get in an evening of fishing. With the wind switches I was able to hit most of the area's I have fished in the past atleast once or twice during the course of the week, pine point, sand point, mounds point, cedar point, steamboat bay and of course kabakona bay (where our resort was located). I was able to get walleyes from each area by either trolling shad raps (perch was the hot color) in 8 ft of water or pulling crawler spinner harnesses in water 9 to 14 ft deep. I found the shad rap bite best from 5am to 8am in the mornings and 8pm to 10pm in the evenings. I did pick up some eyes during the times between as well, but by far the best bites were during those two peak times. For the week my two young sons and I were able to boat 24 keeper eye's and had fried walleye fillets for lunch 4 of the days we were there. Along with the 24 keepers we also boated 14 slot eye's and also released a good number of up and coming 10, 11, and 12 inchers. Most of the slot eye's were right at or around the 21 inch mark, the largest was 24 inches. Ton's of northerns were had when trolling late morning, mid day, and afternoons. The largest northern was 33 inches and the smallest northern was 7 inches (cool looking little fish).
Thanks for reading, Kevin.