www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: June 15th and 16th fishing report

Default June 15th and 16th fishing report

On the 15th I had Phil and his dad Pistol Pete out for a half day in the morning. We dealt with some rain/wind/lightning but survived without any visible damage. Phil and I already had some mental damage. Either way, Phil lost one at the boat and Pete had one hit a Rough Runner. That was it for the day. We did stop and have some breakfast during one lightning show. That was probably a wise decision.

In the evening it was pretty slow for us. We boated one 30 inch fish and had another follow. Both were on Pacemakers.

Yesterday I had John Rashke out and we walleye fished in the morning and half the afternoon. The walleye fishing was slow in the morning but we did get a 22" and 21 1/2" along with four that we kept. Looking back we probably should have kept the one we threw back right away. I thought we would catch a lot more. Oh well. In the afternoon we caught three muskies on bucktails. They were all thirty inchers with 38" being the largest. Hard to get the big ones going right now. Last night I had another trip and we dodged a big storm but only had one follow on topwater. Right when we got in the wind really whipped up. Not sure how high but I'd guess over fifty miles per hour. We'll see what that does for today's fishing.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

The wind last night had to be well past 50. Being on the north shore of Chief Lake with nothing to stop the waves cost us a pier, totally destroyed by the waves. We nearly lost a pontoon too. All that wind made for some very murky water today.

I heard 80 MPH on the radio. Sure seemed like it.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com