No shortages of activity at Boreal Bay Lodge this spring.... Two cabins are removed and gone. We wrapped up remodel projects at cabin 23 and 12. 10 more new beds went into the cabins. Clean-up and repairs are done (except for my office window) from the winter vandalism. I ended up needing to visit the doctor to kick a virus or infection effecting my throat. I made the crazy drive home to see Jenny graduate and returned the next day. We are now making adjustments for the extremely high lake levels and preparations for the next wind and rain storms. We are all well and good and working on the priority items like being ready the next groups of guests coming for the Ontario Muskie opener!

Lake levels are dangerous high – #1 We ask guests to be extra cautious with boat wakes and go slow until you are well out of the bay... boat owners are responsible for damages caused by their boats wake.... go slow. #2 If we have strong winds or rains predicted at night, consider pulling the boats out at night... the high water has our dock anchors and cribs in compromised positions. Expecting some of our crib decks to go under water in the next day. So far we are fine... but no point to having serious $$$ boat damages when it can easily be avoided. #3 If you encounter water covered roads... follow someone else... but not too close. Highways have been getting damaged and repaired as quickly as possible. Rainy Lake and River are rumored to be a real mess.

Kakagi (Crow) Lake is ranging between 49 and 58 degrees based on what the winds have done recently... so it should be an exciting opener.

Recently everything is biting. Lake Trout, Bass, Northern Pike, Walleye... all the usual fish are doing well. :-)

Back to work. See you soon!